East Spencer Fire Department
Interim Fire Chief
|207 South Long Street
East Spencer, NC 28039
East Spencer Fire Department, led by Interim Chief Marshall Moore
strives to provide fire protection & emergency response services.
Deputy Chief Joshua Smith takes lead in operations and finances of
the Fire Department. Recruiting new volunteers and supervising training
of the current Fire Department staff is done by Assistant Chief Brad
McLawhorn. Volunteers can obtain applications
We are dedicated to the Town of East Spencer and to support our local
East Spencer Fire Department has a rich history in the fire service dating back to
October 10, 1910. The fire service has changed greatly since that time and we are continuously making strives to educate ourselves and the community.
East Spencer Fire Department is a combination department which employs 6 part-time personnel from 9 AM to 5 PM with two on duty Monday through Friday. After the normal working hour, we rely on our dedicated volunteers to staff our apparatus for any emergency after hours.
- Fire Protection
- Installation of smoke detectors and CO detectors (Purchased by homeowner)
- Provide emergency medical care for sick and injured
- Fire prevention information to all citizens
- Schedule public events
- Junior program for ages 14 -17
- Blood pressure checks for our citizens
- Provide inspections for all commercial property
- Fire department tours
- Firefighter I and II classes